07 August 2012
Turn your Fitmate into a gold standard calorimeter with the optional “Canopy module”!
COSMED is glad to introduce a new and exclusive option available for the whole Fitmate product line.
The “Canopy Module” consists of ventilated canopy hood with compact blower that allows to measure Resting Metabolic Rate via the dilution technique, considered to be the “Gold Standard” for indirect calorimetry.
- Easy and comfortable for any subject… (Eliminating possible mask leaks, hyperventilation, testing with beards, etc.)
- Highly comfortable for long lasting tests (up to 50 min)
- More suitable for confined to bed patients
- Minimal running costs (almost no consumables or disposable face masks)
- Stronger scientific support in case of research purpose use
The Fitmate Canopy module includes:
- A Canopy hood suitable for both pediatric and adult applications
- A compact blower with integrated flowmeter
- An external small safety box powered by the Fitmate that provides supplemental power source and acoustic alarms for preventing power failure to the blower
Click here to know more about Canopy Option for Fitmate
Founded in 1980, COSMED is a privately owned company manufacturing Cardio Pulmonary and Metabolic Diagnostic Equipment. COSMED products include a full range of Spirometers, Pulmonary Function, Body Composition, Nutritional Assessment and Cardio Pulmonary Exercise systems, including Electrocardiographs, Ergometers and Assessment Software. COSMED solutions are aimed for either professional or medical use for many different applications like: Hospital, Clinics, Primary Care, University & Education in Human Physiology, Clinical Nutrition, Commercial Weight Management, Human Performance Centers, Sport Institutions and Health Club Industry. COSMED Headquarters are located in the province of Rome, Italy. COSMED has subsidiaries in the USA, China and Germany, and distributes its products internationally through a constantly growing distributor network covering more than 70 countries.