13 October 2022
Account Manager || United Kingdom
COSMED Srl: Rome, Italy
Job Title: Account Manager - UK
COSMED is a medical device manufacturer with head offices in Rome, Italy. We are seeking a motivated, ambitious and experienced Account/Sales Manager to build on an established customer base and sales pipeline in the UK, with a view to territorial expansion commensurate with year-on-year global growth.
Our industry leading product portfolio provides synergistic sales opportunities in multidisciplinary markets, with national and international academic networks providing opportunity beyond the initial enquiry. You will combine a keen and competitive approach to building new customer relationships with a strong ethos of networking and customer support to ensure repeat business and customer delight with COSMED throughout the product lifespan.
- Plan, organize and manage all sales activities
- Ensure timely support responses and follow up with customers
- Consider and report new opportunities for sales development within the territory.
- Work with our Application and Product Specialists to answer sales leads and service enquiries with relevant technical information about COSMED products and services.
- Qualify incoming leads and develop face to face relationships with customers, effectively combining video calls and travel to maximise efficacy of time and expense.
- Provide onsite demonstrations of COSMED products with and without online Specialist support.
- Develop a full understanding of COSMED pricing and proposal models
- Properly maintain and demonstrate records of sales, prospecting and networking activity in the company CRM system.
- Maintain excellent personal relationships with customers with demonstrable CRM records of periodic follow up, independent of sales.
- Promote and develop positive relationships with vendors and dealers where applicable.
- Participate at trade fairs and other events in the UK territory. We also offer periodic opportunity to participate worldwide at international conferences and trade events.
- Adhere to all head office policies, procedures and ethical codes while serving UK customer expectations.
- Periodic travel to COSMED head office for training and sales meetings.
- Pro-actively develop knowledge and understanding of all device manuals, marketing, brochures and website literature.
- Reporting to the M.D. and/or International Area Manager.
Necessary attributes, skills
- Communicate effectively and comfortably with a wide range of senior and junior stakeholders including international academic and clinical key opinion leaders, consultants, large business unit managers, laboratory technicians, clinicians and business owners, with and without technical or application knowledge.
- Communicate cross-culturally and empathetically with an international team of colleagues using English as a second language.
- Demonstrate consistent, pro-active transparency of an out-of-office daily workload as a trusted, member of a collaborative, cross functional team.
- English as a first language and the pursuit of excellence in written communications.
- Confidence presenting to customers and colleagues in small and large groups
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, work under pressure, solve new problems creatively and professionally; to balance difficult time-consuming deadlines and customer demands with the wider company strategy and long-term goals.
- A strong I.T. acumen and competence with the Microsoft Office environment and CRM software.
- Daily flexibility to meet the demands of customer facing workload to best leverage time and expense
- A personal passion for business administration with goals for self-directed learning and application of established principles of business and communication skills.
- An ambition to lead and to manage in a growing national and international business environment
- Personal interest in COSMED’s core applications in clinical and human performance testing.
- No requirement to speak or learn Italian, but advantageous.
Education and Experience
We have many successful employees with many backgrounds. You are likely to have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in exercise or health science, or evidence of equivalent working knowledge in allied fields.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration (recommended).
- At least 3 years of work experience in a capital sales role with complex medical devices or a demonstrably transferable skillset and experience in another professional market OR several years’ experience as a laboratory technician or clinical physiologist, working in applications relevant to COSMED business.
- Ability in a self-managed role, working partly from home and ‘on the road’.
- Experience with managing public tenders.
- Experience of the NHS supply chain.
- Business start-up and/or development in a relevant, allied field.
Driving and travel requirements
- No more than six DVLA points applicable 12 months from job application
- Daily flexibility of travel time, self-managed and commensurate with the demands of the role (an average of at least 50% of time)
- Occasional travel to Head Office in Rome
- Occasional international travel may be requested or offered
- Flexible self-managed hours of work.
- Negotiable, competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Company vehicle
- Mobile phone, laptop and full toolset
COSMED is a worldwide leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of advanced diagnostic equipment and software. Our products are used in hospital, primary care, sports science, research and other medical and wellness environments to support a diverse, global, investigative requirement for infant, paediatric and adult testing. Whether testing an athlete, a pulmonary patient, a ventilator-dependent patient or an infant, COSMED products and solutions provide highly accurate data quickly and effectively.
COSMED respects your privacy and will treat your personal information as confidential.
We will use and share your personal information as described in our Privacy Statement.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Additional duties might be assigned. Management retains the right to add or change duties of the position at any time.