28 May 2021
Accounting and Logistics Assistant (Concord, CA)
Job Title: Accounting and Logistics Assistant
Reports to: Senior Accountant / Logistics Coordinator
Location: Concord (CA)
The Accounting and Logistics Assistant is responsible for general office responsibilities as well as shipping/receiving parts and equipment and maintain inventory control and records.
- Fulfill all duties of the Reception Desk, i.e. greet visitors, answer and route telephone calls, etc.
- Prepare US Mail, FedEx, UPS etc. shipments, distribute incoming mail
- Monitor and restock all office supplies, copy room supplies, and kitchen supplies
- Become resident expert in use of all office machines (copier, telephone system, postage meter, fax machines, etc.)
- Assist other departments with miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Prepare DHRs
- Prepare operator and training manuals
- Preparation and distribution of other documents as needed
- Responsible for maintaining a record of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors.
- Obtains and forwards information to sales team.
- Assist with imports and exports.
- Address problems with order flow or shipping delays and quality-control issues.
- Assist Finance Department with billing management
- Fulfillment of consumables and parts ordered (quoting, sales orders, invoicing, purchase orders)
- Shipping preparation (packaging) and shipment (FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, etc.)
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of raw materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
- Maintain inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received.
- Operate a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information.
- Participate in physical inventories.
- Will be trained on quality control tests of equipment and from time to time might be required to perform quality control tests on equipment
Education & Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in shipping, receiving and inventory management
- A minimum of 2 years in general office experience
- Technical aptitude required
- Knowledge of Quick Books is a plus
- Experience shipping medical equipment (capital, parts, consumables) preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and produce a high volume of work
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
- Prolonged sitting or standing required, up to 8+ hrs/day
- $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
COSMED is a leader in providing Cardio Pulmonary Diagnostics systems and software. COSMED systems are used in Universities, Hospital, Physiology research, gait analysis, CP rehabilitation. Our customers range from high end research institutes, universities, hospitals to Doctors/GPs and companies involved in Health & Wellness Industry.
COSMED respects your privacy and will treat your personal information as confidential.
We will use and share your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Additional duties might be assigned. Management retains the right to add or change duties of the position at any time.