- COSMED News
- The Reliability and Validity of the COSMED Fitmate Canopy System for Assessing Resting Metabolic Rate.
18 May 2012
The Reliability and Validity of the COSMED Fitmate Canopy System for Assessing Resting Metabolic Rate.
Posted in Scientific, Fitmate
The measurement of Resting Metabolic Rate using the Fitmate with a ventilated canopy hood was validated by a study presented during the 2012 ACSM Annual Meeting.
The study, by the Northern Illinois University, aimed to determine the reliability and validity of measuring resting metabolic rate (RMR) with COSMED’s FitMate™ metabolic system using a canopy dilution set-up compared to a previously validated research grade RMR system (COSMED Quark CPET) in 30 healthy adults.
The study conclusions were suggest that "the Fitmate can be used with canopy dilution for RMR measurements with the same outcome as more expensive laboratory grade equipment".
The poster details are the following:
- Title: "The Reliability and Validity of the COSMED Fitmate Canopy System for Assessing Resting Metabolic Rate"
- Authors: Dimitria Vandarakis, Amanda J. Salacinski, Craig E. Broeder. Exercising Nutritionally, Naperville, IL. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, USA
- Presented during: ACSM Annual Meeting 2012, Exhibit Hall
The abstract can be seen at the following link: click here
- Tags: canopy, fitmate, indirect calorimetry, metabolic