20 December 2020
Maximal Time Spent at VO2max from Sprint to the Marathon.
The study showed that VO2max is clearly elicited in all distances from the sprint to the marathon. A fast start and the time to reach VO2max is important in increasing VO2 kinetics and to improve exercise tolerance. The K5 portable breath-by-breath sampling system was used to measure VO2 and carry out the scientific study.
Human locomotion naturally uses a variable pace running strategy, and it is time to break down the barriers between the so-called aerobic and anaerobic metabolisms. We can only achieve this by moving the laboratory outdoors and performing studies in real-world environments and racing conditions.
In this way, a new paradigm of applied physiology will be developed to provide new training and racing insights.
- Title: Maximal time spent at vo2max from sprint to the marathon
- Authors: Molinari, C. A., Edwards, J., Billat, V.
- Published in: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 17(24):9250 - December 2020
- Link: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17249250
- Tags: cosmed, marathon, VO2 kinetics, vo2max