10 November 2020
Reference values for Lung Clearance Index (LCI) derived from sulphur hexafluoride multiple breath washout testing.
A new study was published on ERS (European Respiratory Society) Journal to provide LCI (Lung Clearance Index) reference values in pulmonary healthy adults.
Lung clearance index (LCI) is the most commonly used MBW outcome parameter but normative data is scarce.
LCI was derived from triplicate MBW measurements based on Sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) and no influence of height, weight and gender was seen.
Reference values can now be provided over the whole age range and for two different stopping points.
- Title: Reference values for Lung Clearance Index (LCI) derived from sulphur hexafluoride multiple breath washout testing
- Authors: Frederik Trinkmann, Máté Maros, Katharina Roth, Arne Hermanns, Julia Schäfer, Joshua Gawlitza, Joachim Saur, Ibrahim Akin, Martin Borggrefe, Thomas Ganslandt, Felix Herth
- Published in: European Respiratory Journal 2020; 56: Suppl. 64, 147
- Link: https://doi.10.1183/13993003.congress-2020.147
- Tags: cosmed, ERS, guidelines, LCI, pulmonary function