24 June 2022
Elite maraton runner tested with COSMED Fitmate PRO at METS Performance Consulting (Australia)
VO2max test is one of several tests used to determine an athlete's cardiovascular fitness and performance capacity.
Harry Summers, elite maraton runner, get tested with COSMED Fitmate PRO by METS Performance Consulting Team. VO2 max is measured in milliliters of oxygen used in one minute per kilogram of body weight (mL/kg/min).
It is based on the premise that the more oxygen an athlete consumes during high-level exercise, the more the body will generate adenosine triphosphate (ATP) energy in cells.
Find out COSMED Fitmate PRO key features:
- Simple and effective monitoring of metabolic responses (rest/exercise)
- Measurement of VO2max, subMax VO2, Anaerobic Threshold
- Working either as standalone or with PC (software included)
- Affordable, portable, compact, easy to use with built-in printer
- Software for data management, exercise prescription and HR-VO2 training zones
- Validated vs. gold standard technique
Discover more about Fitmate PRO
[ Video credits: METS Performance Consulting YouTube Channel ]