Innovative modularity and networking for truly customised PFT solutions
Quark PFT is a modular and compact Pulmonary Function Testing system that allows accurate, repeatable, low cost tests over time. It has been designed to meet any physician’s configuration requirement, whether a full-featured PFT system or a basic configuration to start a private practice is needed. Quark PFT is powered by OMNIA, the new software platform, entirely designed and developed by COSMED. OMNIA provides an innovative and user-friendly interface (touch-screen ready) that allows operators to navigate and access features and testing with a minimal amount of training. OMNIA is available in a multi-language environment either as a stand-alone or as a client in a small or large network environment. All Quark PFT modules comply with the latest published ATS/ERS statements.
True modular design architecture allows to configure Quark PFT according to any kind of requirement. This cost-effective solution gives the opportunity to scale at any time to a more complex configuration.
Low running costs The design architecture has been made to eliminate the procedure of ordinary maintenance and to easily and rapidly solve any technical problem by replacing a board.
Powered by OMNIA, a contemporary, simple and ergonomic software interface with intuitive workflow and hierarchy. OMNIA is based on standard SQL database to store unlimited data securely and guaranteeing lifetime data ownership.
Simplified workflow. OMNIA user interface and its workflow management have been designed to simplify procedures and to reduce testing time.
Quick and easy calibration procedures Quark PFT includes both standard calibration procedures (ie flowmeter and gas sensors) and advanced calibration procedures to verify accuracy, including Pneumotach linearization and verification of all flowmeters (turbine, PNT).
Automatic interpretation of tests based on latest scientific guidelines supported by a powerful algorithm that automatically process results and provides interpretation text strings, including numerical results and graphical data presentation (pictograms).
Network ready: OMNIA is available both as a single stand-alone workstation or in a client/server configuration for small or very large network environments.
- Full Spirometry testing (FVC, SVC, MVV, Pre/Post BD)
- Choice of different flowmeter configurations (PNT or turbine)
- User friendly software and advanced features with new generation OMNIA Suite
- Integrated dosimeter for accurate and easy bronchial challenge tests (optional)
- Airway resistance by Interrupter Technique (optional)
- Integrated SpO2 monitor (optional)
- Meet latest ATS/ERS standards
Body Plethysmography (Option)
- All-in-one Testing for Lung Volumes and Airways Resistance
- Large Cabin (873 liters) provides comfort while maintaining High Sensitivity to Volume Changes
- New High Accuracy Pneumotach
- Module provided with Compensation Chamber & TGV Calibrator for Research & Routine Quality Control
Lung Diffusing Capacity (Option)
- DLCO Single Breath (w/ Breath Hold)
- DLCO Single Breath (Intrabreath)
- DLCO 3eq (3 equations method)
- Membrane Diffusing Capacity
- Extremely fast infrared analyzers (CO, CH4)
- Lung volume measurement with DLCO single-breath dilution technique
Nitrogen Washout (Option)
- Functional Residual Capacity (FRC) via multi-breath Nitrogen Wash-out and single-breath 100% O2 techniques
- Lung distribution analysis (LCI, AMDN)
- Affordable alternative to body plethysmography for lung volume measurement
- Simplified ordinary maintenance and calibration procedures
Respiratory Mechanics (Option)
- Indexes of respiratory muscle strength: Maximum Insp-Exp Pressure (MIP/MEP)
- Respiratory Drive (PO.1)
- Quick and non-invasive measurements
- Fully compliant with ATS/ERS Guidelines
Airway Resistance (Option)
- Interrupter technique (Rrs, int)
- High reproducibility and correlation with body plethysmography tests
- Ideal for testing non collaborative, critically ill patients and children
- Simplified test manoeuvre
- Easy to disinfect
- Scientifically validated
Forced Oscillations (Option)
- Total Respiratory Impedance measurement by Pseudo Random Noise Signal
- No cooperation required from the patient
- Ideal for assessing lung function in pre-school children
- Quick and easy assessment (8 seconds tidal breathing)
- Accurate, reliable and reproducible technique
- Pulmonary Gas Exchange (VO2, VCO2)
- Anaerobic Threshold (AT)
- Resting Metabolic Rate with Face Mask
- Indirect Cardiac Output (Wasserman)
- Integrated Pulse Oximeter (SpO2)
- Optional Integrated 12-lead ECG (GAS/ECG)
- Exercise Gas Exchange with Elevated FiO2 HR Interface w/ external ECG (TTL)
MAIN PARAMETERS Spirometry (FVC, SVC, MVV, Broncho-challenge) ⚫ Body Plethysmography (TGV, RAW) ⚪ Nitrogen Washout (FRCsb, FRCmb) ⚪ Lung Diffusing Capacity (DLCOsb, DLCOib) ⚪ Respiratory Mechanics (MIP/MEP, P0.1) ⚪ Airway Resistance (Rocc, Rint, Gocc) ⚪ Forced Oscillations (Zrs, Rrs, Xrs) ⚪ Pulseoximetry (SpO2, HR) ⚪ VO2max, submax VO2 ⚪ Thresholds (AT, RCP) ⚪ Other CPET Parameters (VE Response, VE/VCO2, OUES, VO2/WR, O2 Pulse, EFVL) ⚪ Resting Energy Expenditure (REE, RQ, substrates %FAT, %PRO, %CHO) ⚪ HARDWARE O2 gas analyser – Metabolic/N2WO Paramagnetic CO2 gas analyzer – Metabolic/N2WO NDIR CO gas analyser – DLCO NDIR CH4 gas analyser – DLCO NDIR Flowmeter - PFT Multiuse Lilly pneumotach Flowmeter - PFT/Exercise Bidirectional turbine 0-28mm Flowmeter - Rest Bidirectional turbine 0-18mm Interface ports USB A-B, RS-232, HR-TTL, SpO2 Electrical requirements 100-240V ± 10% 50/60 Hz SOFTWARE Software Interface OMNIA (click here) OS Compatibility Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Available languages Italian, English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Greek, Dutch, Turkish, Russian, Chinese Traditional & Simplified, Korean, Romanian, Polish, Czech, Norwegian, Hebrew
Fully integrated Dosimeter Module for easy and accurate bronchial provocation test protocols
An easy way to ensure protection from cross-contamination which keeps both the patient and operator safe without compromising on system performance.
- Automatic control of bronchial challenge tests through a dosimeter.
- DeVilbiss 646 Nebulizer, powered by dry compressed air.
- Automatic measurement of the actuation time of the dosimeter valve with a resolution of 10 ms.
- Provided with a database of standard (ATS “Five breaths” and Lofarma) and user defined protocols.
- Multi-step protocol with a single drug concentration
- Easy to clean and disinfect.
Two mouthpiece types, oval and round, guarantee the maximum ergonomics and the compatibility with any equipment connector.
- High viral and bacterial filtration efficiency (99.999%)
- Low resistance to airflow
- Suitable for both lung function and exercise testing
- Minimal deadspace
- Individually packaged in 50 pieces box
COSMED filters comply with latest ERS guidelines recommending to use the filters with minimum proven efficiency for high expiratory flow of 600 to 700 L/min.Ideal solution for high accurate measurements during exercise in research and elite sport applications
Multi-use silicone face masks with headgear for comfortable leak-free resting and exercise gas exchange measurements
- High accuracy at steady state
- Either low and high ventilation ranges
- State-of-the-art two-way non-rebreathing valve
- High comfortability and easy assembly
- New volume calibration procedure
Diagnostic Quality 12-lead Stress Testing ECG in cable or telemetry configuration!
- 5 sizes (3 Adult and 2 Pediatric)
- Reusable and easily disinfected for multiple use
- Anatomical design for leak free and comfortable fit
- Integrated chin cup for stability
- Perfect adherence to any face shape
- Easy to clean and sterilize
High quality Pulse Oximeters for integrated oxygen saturimetry during rest or stress testing
- Resting and Exercise ECG interpretation
- High resolution ECG processing
- Full Disclosure and Scroll back during the test
- ST segment, ST slopes, Trends
- Retrospective ECG and arrhythmia analysis even during test
- Standard and user defined Exercise Protocols
- Integration with COSMED Gas exchange equipment
- Patient Database & Network Compatibility
- Full range of oximeters and sensors for different patient applications
- Small, lightweight and portable technology
- Low power draw (60 mW)
- Accurate performance in challenging monitoring environments at critical SpO2 levels
- Intelligent pulse-by-pulse filtering