2016 focused update: clinical recommendations for cardiopulmonary exercise testing data assessment in specific patient populations
This scientific statement is a focused update to the 2012 Joint Scientific Statement on Clinical Recommendations for Cardiopulmonary Exercise (CPX) Testing Data Assessment in Specific Patient Populations from the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR) and the American Heart Association (AHA).
The purposes of this article published on the European Heart Journal are thus to:
- confirm algorithms included in the initial scientific statement not requiring revision,
- to propose revisions to algorithms included in the initial scientific statement,
- to propose new algorithms based on emerging scientific evidence,
- to further clarify the application of oxygen consumption (VO2) at ventilatory threshold (VT),
- to describe CPX variables with an emerging scientific evidence base,
- to describe the synergistic value of combining CPX with other assessments,
- to discuss personnel considerations for CPX laboratories,
- to provide recommendations for future CPX research
CPX is a valuable clinical assessment and has a number of indications. The 2012 scientific statement and the present focused update possess evidence-based CPX algorithms for these test indications. The continued intent is to streamline test interpretation while optimizing data visualization through a color-coded approach.
The article details are the following:
- Title: "2016 focused update: clinical recommendations for cardiopulmonary exercise testing data assessment in specific patient populations"
- Authors: Guazzi M, Arena R, Halle M, Piepoli MF, Myers J, Lavie CJ
- Published in: Eur Heart J. 2016 May 2
The study can be downloaded for free at the following link: click here
Get in touch
COSMED strives to provide the best service possible with every contact!
Fill the online forms to get the info you're looking for right now!