Antiviral/antibacterial respiratory filters
The most effective, safe and affordable solution to prevent viral and bacterial cross-contamination
COSMED antiviral and antibacterial respiratory filters provide an easy way to ensure protection from cross-contamination which keeps both the patient and operator safe without compromising on system performance.
- High viral and bacterial filtration efficiency (99.999%)
- Low resistance to airflow
- Minimal deadspace
- Suitable for both lung function and exercise testing
- Individually packaged in 50 pieces box
The use of filter during lung function and metabolic testing also reduce the amount of droplets aerosol dispersion in the air mitigating the contamination of the environment due to forced expirations and high ventilations required during testing. Preventing aerosol spreading is fundamental to minimize infection diseases transmission1,2.
2Recommendation from ERS Group 9.1 (Respiratory function technologists /Scientists) Lung function testing during COVID-19 pandemic and beyond (https://ers.app.box.com/s/zs1uu88wy51monr0ewd990itoz4tsn2h).
3“STANDARDISATION OF LUNG FUNCTION TESTING” Edited by V. Brusasco, R.Crapo and G. Viegi: Standardisation of spirometry, Eur Respir J 2005; 26: 319–338
Patient filter - Round mouthpieceBox of 50 filters individually packed in single plastic bags for:
- Indirect calorimetry test
- Cardio pulmonary exercise test (with adapter C05085-01-20). The filter adapter enables the connection between face mask and anti viral/bacterial filter reducing the risk of disease transmission.
Patient filter - Oval mouthpieceBox of 50 filters individually packed in single plastic bags for:
- Pulmonary function test