Accuracy and simplicity for the new benchmark in Body Plethysmography
The Q-Box is the new generation body-box from COSMED for Gold Standard thoracic gas volume measurements. The measurement of Static Lung Volumes (TLC, RV, ITGV) and Airway Resistance and Conductance (RAW, GAW) through body plethysmography technique guarantee highly accurate results and has become a necessity for any high-level laboratory of respiratory pathophysiology. Latest hardware design and advanced software features make the Q-Box standout from the competition.
All-in-one PFT solution. Q-Box is a variable-pressure body plethysmograph that includes all the hardware and software required for Lung Volumes, Airways Resistance, Spirometry and Respiratory Mechanics (MIP/MEP, PO.1) tests. Maximum accuracy guaranteed. Large cabin (873 liters) provides comfort while maintaining high sensitivity to volume changes. Low range pressure sensors guarantee accuracy of measurement (signal/noise ratio). Comfort and accessibility. Large cabin volume provides comfort and ease-to-access both for adult and special population. Possibility to perform tests either inside or, whenever possible, outside the cabin. Practical design. The glass and aluminum cabin structure provides large transparent surfaces, reliable air-tight closure and easy-to-disinfect walls. Adjustable chair position and breathing valve arm. Powered by OMNIA. COSMED has developed a contemporary, simple and ergonomic software interface with intuitive workflow and hierarchy. OMNIA is based on standard SQL database to store unlimited data securely and guaranteeing lifetime data ownership. Simplified workflow. OMNIA user interface and its workflow management have been designed to simplify procedures and to reduce testing time. Quick and easy calibration procedures. Quark Spiro includes both standard calibration procedures and advanced calibration procedures to verify accuracy, including Pneumotach linearization and verification of all flowmeters (turbine, PNT). Automatic interpretation of tests based on latest scientific guidelines. OMNIA is supported by a powerful algorithm that automatically process results and provides interpretation text strings, including numerical results and graphical data presentation (pictograms). Network ready. OMNIA is available both as a single stand-alone workstation or in a client/server configuration for small or very large network environments.
- Full Spirometry testing (FVC, SVC, MVV, Pre/Post BD)
- Choice of different flowmeter configurations (PNT or turbine)
- User friendly software and advanced features with new generation OMNIA Suite
- Integrated dosimeter for accurate and easy bronchial challenge tests (optional)
- Airway resistance by Interrupter Technique (optional)
- Integrated SpO2 monitor (optional)
- Meet latest ATS/ERS standards
Body Plethysmography (Standard)
- All-in-one Testing for Lung Volumes and Airways Resistance
- Large Cabin (873 liters) provides comfort while maintaining High Sensitivity to Volume Changes
- New High Accuracy Pneumotach
- Module provided with Compensation Chamber & TGV Calibrator for Research & Routine Quality Control
Lung Diffusing Capacity (Option)
- DLCO Single Breath (w/ Breath Hold)
- DLCO Single Breath (Intrabreath)
- DLCO 3eq (3 equations method)
- Membrane Diffusing Capacity
- Extremely fast infrared analyzers (CO, CH4)
- Lung volume measurement with DLCO single-breath dilution technique
Respiratory Mechanics (Standard)
- Indexes of respiratory muscle strength: Maximum Insp-Exp Pressure (MIP/MEP)
- Respiratory Drive (PO.1)
- Quick and non-invasive measurements
- Fully compliant with ATS/ERS Guidelines
Airway Resistance (Option)
- Interrupter technique (Rrs, int)
- High reproducibility and correlation with body plethysmography tests
- Ideal for testing non collaborative, critically ill patients and children
- Simplified test manoeuvre
- Easy to disinfect
- Scientifically validated
MAIN PARAMETERS Spirometry (FVC, SVC, MVV, Broncho-challenge) ⚫ Body Plethysmography (TGV, RAW) ⚫ Lung Diffusing Capacity (DLCOsb, DLCOib) ⚪ Respiratory Mechanics (MIP/MEP, P0.1) ⚫ Pulseoximetry (SpO2, HR) ⚪ HARDWARE CO gas analyser – DLCO NDIR CH4 gas analyser – DLCO NDIR Flowmeter - PFT Multiuse Lilly pneumotach Flowmeter - PFT Bidirectional turbine 0-28mm Interface ports USB A-B, RS-232, HR-TTL, SpO2 Electrical requirements 100-240V ± 10% 50/60 Hz SOFTWARE Software Interface OMNIA (click here) OS Compatibility Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Available languages Italian, English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Greek, Dutch, Turkish, Russian, Chinese Traditional & Simplified, Korean, Romanian, Polish, Czech, Norwegian, Hebrew
Fully integrated Dosimeter Module for easy and accurate bronchial provocation test protocols
High quality Pulse Oximeters for integrated oxygen saturimetry during rest or stress testing
- Automatic control of bronchial challenge tests through a dosimeter.
- DeVilbiss 646 Nebulizer, powered by dry compressed air.
- Automatic measurement of the actuation time of the dosimeter valve with a resolution of 10 ms.
- Provided with a database of standard (ATS “Five breaths” and Lofarma) and user defined protocols.
- Multi-step protocol with a single drug concentration
- Easy to clean and disinfect.
- Full range of oximeters and sensors for different patient applications
- Small, lightweight and portable technology
- Low power draw (60 mW)
- Accurate performance in challenging monitoring environments at critical SpO2 levels
- Intelligent pulse-by-pulse filtering