Accuracy and simplicity for the new benchmark in Body Plethysmography
The Q-Box is the new generation body-box from COSMED for Gold Standard thoracic gas volume measurements. The measurement of Static Lung Volumes (TLC, RV, ITGV) and Airway Resistance and Conductance (RAW, GAW) with the body plethysmography technique guarantees highly accurate results and has become a necessity for any high-level respiratory pathophysiology laboratory. Latest hardware design and advanced software features make the Q-Box standout from the competition.
All-in-one PFT solution. Q-Box is a variable-pressure body plethysmograph that includes all the hardware and software required for Lung Volumes, Airways Resistance, Spirometry and Respiratory Mechanics (MIP/MEP, PO.1) tests.
Maximum accuracy guaranteed. Large cabin provides comfort while maintaining high sensitivity to volume changes. Low range pressure sensors guarantee accuracy of measurement (signal/noise ratio).
Comfort and accessibility. Large cabin volume provides comfort and ease-to-access both for adult and special population. Possibility to perform tests either inside or, whenever possible, outside the cabin.
Practical design. The glass and aluminum cabin structure provides large transparent surfaces, reliable air-tight closure and easy-to-disinfect walls. Adjustable chair position and breathing valve arm.
Powered by OMNIA. COSMED has developed a contemporary, simple and ergonomic software interface with intuitive workflow and hierarchy. OMNIA is based on standard SQL database to store unlimited data securely and guaranteeing lifetime data ownership.
Simplified workflow. OMNIA user interface and its workflow management have been designed to simplify procedures and to reduce testing time.
Quick and easy calibration procedures. Quark Spiro includes both standard calibration procedures and advanced calibration procedures to verify accuracy, including Pneumotach linearization and verification of all flowmeters (turbine, PNT).
Automatic interpretation of tests based on latest scientific guidelines. OMNIA is supported by a powerful algorithm that automatically process results and provides interpretation text strings, including numerical results and graphical data presentation (pictograms).
Network ready. OMNIA is available both as a single stand-alone workstation or in a client/server configuration for small or very large network environments.
- Full Spirometry testing (FVC, SVC, MVV, Pre/Post BD)
- Choice of different flowmeter configurations (PNT or turbine)
- User friendly software and advanced features with new generation OMNIA Suite
- Integrated dosimeter for accurate and easy bronchial challenge tests (optional)
- Airway resistance by Interrupter Technique (optional)
- Integrated SpO2 monitor (optional)
- Meet latest ATS/ERS standards
Body Plethysmography (Standard)
- All-in-one Testing for Lung Volumes and Airways Resistance
- Large Cabin (873 liters) provides comfort while maintaining High Sensitivity to Volume Changes
- New High Accuracy Pneumotach
- Module provided with Compensation Chamber & TGV Calibrator for Research & Routine Quality Control
Lung Diffusing Capacity (Option)
- DLCO Single Breath (w/ Breath Hold)
- DLCO Single Breath (Intrabreath)
- DLCO 3eq (3 equations method)
- Membrane Diffusing Capacity
- Extremely fast infrared analyzers (CO, CH4)
- Lung volume measurement with DLCO single-breath dilution technique
Respiratory Mechanics (Standard)
- Indexes of respiratory muscle strength: Maximum Insp-Exp Pressure (MIP/MEP)
- Respiratory Drive (PO.1)
- Quick and non-invasive measurements
- Fully compliant with ATS/ERS Guidelines
Airway Resistance (Option)
- Interrupter technique (Rrs, int)
- High reproducibility and correlation with body plethysmography tests
- Ideal for testing non collaborative, critically ill patients and children
- Simplified test manoeuvre
- Easy to disinfect
- Scientifically validated
Fully integrated Dosimeter Module for easy and accurate bronchial provocation test protocols
The reference method for respiratory mechanics in children.
- Controlled and more accurate management of bronchial challenge
- High quality Philips Respironics Nebulizer
- Easy to clean and disinfect
- Multi-step protocol with a single drug concentration
- Choice between standard (ATS and Lofarma) or custom protocols
- Full compliance with ATS/ERS Guidelines
- Total Respiratory Impedance measurement by Pseudo Random Noise Signal
- No cooperation required from the patient
- Ideal for assessing lung function in pre-school children
- Quick and easy assessment
- Accurate, reliable and reproducible technique
- Suitable for Quark PFT, Q-Box and Quark Spiro
An easy way to ensure protection from cross-contamination which keeps both the patient and operator safe without compromising on system performance.
Two mouthpiece types, oval and round, guarantee the maximum ergonomics and the compatibility with any equipment connector.
- High viral and bacterial filtration efficiency (99.999%)
- Low resistance to airflow
- Suitable for both lung function and exercise testing
- Minimal deadspace
- Individually packaged in 50 pieces box
These filters complies with latest ERS guidelines recommending to use the filters with minimum proven efficiency for high expiratory flow of 600 to 700 L/min.
PulseoximeterHigh quality Pulse Oximeters for integrated oxygen saturimetry during rest or stress testing
- Full range of oximeters and sensors for different patient applications
- Small, lightweight and portable technology
- Low power draw (60 mW)
- Accurate performance in challenging monitoring environments at critical SpO2 levels
- Intelligent pulse-by-pulse filtering