The first compact metabolic system for assessing functional capacity and risk stratification
Fitmate desktop metabolic systems introduce a new approach for the measurement of oxygen consumption at rest and during exercise in both clinical and health & fitness settings. Each Fitmate desktop device is equipped with a rechargeable battery, a large LCD screen and a built-in printer that allows testing without a computer or main power lead. All Fitmate systems manage test results and store information inside its internal memory, ready for upload to PC software (included).
Complete product line. The Fitmate product line is designed to fit the needs of different users for specific applications and environments (clinical, research, performance, health & fitness).
Simplified approach to metabolic testing. The Fitmate measures oxygen uptake (at rest or during exercise) with the same accuracy of conventional systems with both O2 and CO2 sensors, but provides an easier test process (no calibration with gas cylinders, no warm-up).
Standalone use. The compact desktop design of the Fitmate offers an internal rechargeable battery, a large LCD screen and built-in thermal printer that allows testing without the need of a computer or main power lead.
Independently validated. The Fitmate has been validated for measuring REE (both with face mask and canopy) and VO2max (both real VO2max and prediction of maximal oxygen consumption with a sub-maximal protocol)
Accurate and reliable O2 sensor. The intrinsically linear electrochemical GFC sensor of the Fitmate has a 12-18 months lifespan and is user-replaceable.
Fitmate software. The Fitmate software suite provides the ability to manage data (save, archive, trending) measured with the Fitmate unit, plus a wider range of additional features such as energy balance, diet plan, ACSM exercise prescription, etc.
Integration with external devices. The Fitmate can be connected with third party devices for increased functionality including activity monitors (all Fitmate), pulse oximeters (Fitmate MED only), and stress ECGs (Fitmate MED only)
Fitmate PROA new approach to human performance assessment through VO2max and resting metabolism
- VO2max, sub-max VO2 and Anaerobic Threshold (AT)
- Nutritional assessment (REE, RMR)
- Fitness assessment and risk analysis
- Body composition & comprehensive weight management
- Colour LCD display and embedded high speed thermal printer
- Software for data management, exercise prescription and HR-VO2 training zones
- Accurate, affordable and easy-to-use
Fitmate WMComplete desktop solution for accurate, quick & simple indirect calorimetry
- Simple and effective monitoring of Resting Metabolism by oxygen consumption
- Working either as standalone or with PC (software included)
- Affordable, portable, compact, easy to use with built-in printer
- Gold standard flow-based-dilution technique with canopy hood (optional)
- Automatic calibration with room air
- Validated vs. gold standard technique
Fitmate MEDThe first compact metabolic system for assessing functional capacity and risk stratification
- Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and measured METs
- Classification of Exercise Capacity & Anaerobic Threshold
- Nutritional Assessment and resting energy expenditure
- Full Spirometry (FVC, SVC, MVV, etc.)
- Multiple scores for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Risk analysis
- Interfaces with conventional stress testing ECG
- Affordable, compact & easy to use
Pulse OximeterHigh quality pulse oximeters for integrated oxygen saturimetry during rest or stress testing
- Full range of oximeters and sensors for different patient applications
- Small, lightweight and portable technology
- Low power consumption (60 mW)
- Accurate performance in challenging monitoring environments at critical SpO2 levels
- Intelligent pulse-by-pulse filtering
Canopy HoodTurn your Fitmate into a gold standard calorimeter with the optional canopy module
- Flow-based-dilution canopy hood for indirect calorimetry measurements
- Turbine with integrated blower and 5 pre-set speeds based on subject weight
- Highly comfortable for even long lasting tests
- Bubble shape and removable blanket for easy cleaning and disinfecting
Face MaskMulti-use silicone face masks with headgear for comfortable leak-free resting and exercise gas exchange measurements
- 5 sizes (3 Adult and 2 Pediatric)
- Reusable and easily disinfected for multiple use
- Anatomical design for leak free and comfortable fit
- Integrated chin cup for stability
- Excellent adherence to any face shape
- Easy to clean and sterilize
CartIdeal solution for moving the device within the test area.
- Ergonomic design
- Quick and effective cleaning
- Compact and robust
- Wheels allow easy movement
- Simple to assemble
- Designed to hold unit, printer, masks and carrying case
Metabolic SimulatorCompletely designed by COSMED, the Metabolic Simulator provides an important tool that can be used for periodic verification of metabolic systems in both clinical and research settings. COSMED metabolic simulator is able to replicate the typical waveform of the respiratory pattern and, by applying the dilution principle, gas exchanges (oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production).
- 4-300 L/min Ventilation range
- VO2 and VCO2 range up to 3900 mL/min
- Designed by COSMED, compatible with all metabolic devices on the market
- Reproduction of human breathing profile
- Adjustable respiratory parameters suitable for both clinical and research purposes
- Easy and precise quality control